I got REALLY excited when I realized that it was ALL stretching. WOOO HOOOOO! I've totally got this. Got out my yoga mat & my trusty super-nifty resistance band...and off I went to get down with my bad self. (Editors Note: Not only does Shay have a stubborn side, she also has presumptuous tendencies.)
WHO knew that 40 minutes of deep tissue stretching & yoga could not only make you ache all over, but my lungs were not very happy with me either! I seriously felt like Shrek stepped on my chest. Which is rather dumbfounding, since I don't smoke...and I talk ALL the time! My lungs REALLY should not hurt after yoga.
I learned a few things about myself during day #2's stretch-a-thon:
- I am NOT made of rubber.
- kitchen floors are still hard, even with a top-notch yoga mat on them.
- Pausing the DVD to move the mat to carpet & re-situate the computer does not make you a slacker.
- The exact moment that you get focused in a meditation, one teenager or another has the most important unimportant thing in the world to tell you.
- Stretching pinches AND gives you muscle spasms.
- The, "If you are broken, check with your doctor first" warnings Aren't just for idiots.
Am I convinced that I can still "do-this"? Yep. Am I suspicious that I might find myself curled up with a heating pad afterwards? Double Yup.