Monday, June 13, 2011

June 7, 2011 - In retrospect...

June 7 was day 2 of my workout-of-death endeavor.

I got REALLY excited when I realized that it was ALL stretching.  WOOO HOOOOO!  I've totally got this.  Got out my yoga mat & my trusty super-nifty resistance band...and off I went to get down with my bad self.  (Editors Note:  Not only does Shay have a stubborn side, she also has presumptuous tendencies.)

WHO knew that 40 minutes of deep tissue stretching & yoga could not only make you ache all over, but my lungs were not very happy with me either!  I seriously felt like Shrek stepped on my chest.  Which is rather dumbfounding, since I don't smoke...and I talk ALL the time!  My lungs REALLY should not hurt after yoga.

I learned a few things about myself during day #2's stretch-a-thon:

  • I am NOT made of rubber.
  • kitchen floors are still hard, even with a top-notch yoga mat on them.
  • Pausing the DVD to move the mat to carpet & re-situate the computer does not make you a slacker.
  • The exact moment that you get focused in a meditation, one teenager or another has the most important unimportant thing in the world to tell you.
  • Stretching pinches AND gives you muscle spasms.
  • The, "If you are broken, check with your doctor first" warnings Aren't just for idiots.
Am I convinced that I can still "do-this"?  Yep.  Am I suspicious that I might find myself curled up with a heating pad afterwards?  Double Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment